Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Nutcracker Ballet

     December is here and I'm so excited.  I've always wanted to go see the Nutcracker Ballet, but somehow Christmas season gets so busy I never actually make plans to go see it.  This year my family and I are really going.

     I've been reading "The Nutcracker" by Susan Jeffers to my daughter so she will know what it is all about.  I like this picture book because it is simple enough for a 4 year old.  She has begged me to read it over and over again.  Now my daughter is entranced with nutcrackers and sugar plum fairies.

available at amazon.com

Here is a page from my sketchbook


The Sugar Plum Fairy, Arabian Dancer and 
Waltz of the Flowers Costume

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is adorable that she's entranced with nutcrackers and sugarplum fairies - such a dream!

    I've never seen it but I'd love to; especially now I live in London! No excuse, really. x

    ReplyDelete