Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Cat Max

Last week I had to put my cat Max to sleep.  He was 17 years old and had kidney failure.  It was a really sad day for me.  Of all the cats I've had, Max had the most gentle personality.  He was really the best cat.


Max was born from a stray in my Mom's garage.  
I took this photo to try to find him a home.  
When I couldn't find anyone to take him, I brought him home with me.


I already had a cat named Kitten, when I took Max in.  I was hesitant to take Max because I knew Kitten was not going to be happy about it.  It was a rocky beginning, and in fact, Kitten never really forgave me for bringing Max home.  Hard to believe a cat could hold a grudge for 17 years, but its true.


My daughter and Max under the Christmas tree.


Max doing  his favorite thing.  
He loved to be in the center of every occasion, and being on top of wrapping paper was an added bonus.


I used Max as inspiration for this bookmark I painted several years ago.


My daughter drew this picture of Max for this post as her farewell to him.




No comments:

Post a Comment