Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shalimar

I've added a new item to my Etsy shop!  A little 5 in. x 7 in. print of my original watercolor painting of a Shalimar bottle.  A perfect adornment for your vanity or powder room.



I've always loved the elegant and decorative Shalimar perfume bottle.  When I was a little girl I used to visit my Aunt Mary.  She had an assortment of beautiful perfume bottles adorning her vanity.  Shalimar was one of her signature scents.

Shalimar was created in 1921 and re-released in 1925 in a bottle created by Raymond Guerlain and Baccarat.  It was inspired by the love of an Indian Emperor for his wife Mumtaz-Mahal, for whom the Taj Mahal was built.  It is named after The Gardens of Shalimar.

The fragrance has a top note of Bergamot, middle notes of Iris and Opopanax, and a base note of vanilla.

4 comments:

  1. I love your work....its wonderful!
    I was reading past posts and I loved all your Mad Men ones, I had at Christmas a Mad Men Martini cocktail party....girls only ...so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, your print is divine! <3 It is the most amazing shaped bottle!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep toying with the idea of buying myself some Shalimar but not sure if it'll suit me - maybe this is the answer!!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are very talented <3
    Love your blog :-)
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete