Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring Planting

I know it isn't officially spring yet, but the weather warmed up this week and we got in the planting mood!  I headed out to the closest nursery with my daughter, Sandra.






After looking at the black-eyed susans, the orchids, and visiting the happy little buddha, we settled on buying some geraniums.  It's hard to kill geraniums, so we thought that would be a good option for us.  I said we were in a planting mood, not that we were great gardeners.




Here's Sandra helping my brother plant the geraniums.


Digging in the dirt!















6 comments:

  1. Cute! I can't wait to plant some flowers- but we're supposed to have another snow storm this weekend! Yuck! I'm hopeful though that our iris and daffodil bulbs we planted last year will come up soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I don't think I could handle living where it snows. I am such a wimp when it comes to weather. We are so lucky in Calif. I hope your bulbs come up too, and that you will show them to us on a blog post.

      Delete
  2. How lovely))) Thanks for sharing such a nice post!
    Have a happy time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't wait for the snow to melt here and to get out in the sun - so envious.

    Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

    Kate x
    http://www.kateathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, how beautiful are those flowers? They make me long for spring even more (if it were even possible!) I'm officially over this long winter, and getting in spring mood, but of course it would be much easier if it wasn't snowing outside just as I write this. Eww. But never mind, at least I can get a little glimpse of sunshine here on your blog, Debra!
    Hope you are well (and Sandra is SO adorable, by the way :)

    Hugs

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete