Friday, August 16, 2013

Vegas, Baby, Vegas!

This past weekend we took a little road trip to Las Vegas to visit family and have some fun before school starts up.  Our first stop was The Bellagio.  I wanted to see the water fountain show and their Botanical Gardens.  I think the fountain show is about every 20 to 30 minutes during the day.  We happened to catch it accompanied by Elvis Preseley's rendition of "Viva Las Vegas".  How apropos!

My daughter and I in front of this floral version of a Chanel perfume bottle.  They just happened to be promoting an Andy Warhol art show at the Bellagio.  With all the perfume bottles I have painted for my Etsy shop, we had to get our photo taken in front of this one.

Sandra, my Uncle Rick and I in the Botanical Gardens at the Bellagio.  Oh yes, and Babs the stuffed wolf in her fanciest outfit as well.

Sandra and I at the M&M Factory next to the MGM hotel.  Four stories of M&Ms!  Plus a free 3D M&M movie staring Red and Yellow.  We made the mistake of walking from the Bellagio to the MGM.  We didn't realize how far it would be in the heat.  I have to say my bargain white sun dress I bought at Dress Barn saved me in that 106 degree weather.  Plus lots of cold water!  Sandra liked all the huge fans they have lined up and down the sidewalks that blast cold mist at you.



The back wall is filled with M&M's you never see in the regular store! 






2 comments: