Friday, February 13, 2015

Chocolate Covered Pretzels


My daughter's class Valentine's Day party was yesterday.  For her Christmas party I brought Black Forest Cupcakes and it was a big hit with her classmates.  So this week I was looking around to find a treat that would have the same "WOW Factor" and be just as easy to make.  That's what I always look for, something fun, cute and super easy to make!  My 8 year old had a lot of fun helping me make these.  It went something like this.... one for her tummy, then one for the class and so on.

I found a recipe for Chocolate Covered Pretzels on a really cool blog called Love From The Oven.  Her photos are much better than mine.  I just snapped this shot really quickly with my phone before the pretzels were attacked by a bunch of hungry 3rd graders.  Yes, they were a big hit with the kids, the parents and the teachers!  Thanks Christi from Love From The Oven.  Through your recipe, I made a lot of people very happy:)

Chocolate Covered Pretzels
I used White Chocolate/Almond Bark (I found at Walmart)
Snyder's Mini Pretzels
Sprinkles, Pink Sugar, and Chololate Jimmies
Wax or Parchment Paper

Melt chocolate according to package directions.  Don't over cook or add water.  Cook for one minute in microwave at 50% power, then stir.  Return to microwave for another 30 seconds at 50% power.  Stir really well.

Dip pretzel in melted chocolate. Tap pretzel against the side of the bowl, before dipping in sprinkles.  Dip the entire pretzel into bowl of sprinkles once chocolate has cooled a bit.  Then lay on wax paper to cool and set.  Pop them in the fridge if you are in a hurry to have them set.

If I was making these for grown ups, I would go easy on the sprinkles. But for the kids, we put a ton of sprinkles on.  They look so festive that way!

Happy Valentine's Day!!



3 comments:

  1. It looks delicious and cute, great not only for kids!:)
    Have a nice weekend and happy V-Day.

    http://sunstreetbymonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing recipe. They look yummy and I'm sure the kids loved it.
    Happy Val's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Who doesn't love chocolate dipped pretzels? I hope you have a lovely and love-y Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete