Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Super Easy Black Forest Cupcake Recipe!

I made these cupcakes for my daughter's classroom Christmas party, but I think they could be for a Valentine's party as well.  They were a great hit with the kids and they were very easy to make.  I found the recipe on the Kraft website.


What You Need:
1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Black Cherry Flavor Gelatin
1 - 1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
24 maraschino cherries with stems, drained

Make It:
Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes; cool completely.

Add boiling water to gelatin mix in medium bowl; stir 2 min.

Whisk COOL WHIP gradually into gelatin until well blended.  Spread onto cupcakes, using about 2 Tbsp. for each.  Top with cherries just before serving.


Fresh out of the oven...mmm.


I was in a huge hurry so I added extra COOL WHIP to firm up the frosting which is why my frosting wasn't as pink as it should have been.  Oh well, the kids didn't seem to mind.


Some of the goodies at the class party.  I made chocolate covered strawberries too.  I felt I needed to add something healthy to the party.  At least there is fruit under all that chocolate, right?





1 comment: